SARAH! WHAT?? ME???!!! Thank you so much.
I am finally catching up on some blogs and I JUST read this nomination from SARAH. I can't believe it. Really! I've always seen blog awards on other people's blogs and thought they are a pretty cool thing and always deserved, which is why I am just....well....beside myself. How cool! I really appreciate it and so pleased that you find me remotely interesting! You have not idea how I've needed something to boost me and I'm telling you - this has really done it for me. As you know, I've been absent from blogging for a few weeks b/c I was just in a funk. Well, funk no more! LOL. I actually got my butt up and worked out yesterday and now this? Way Cool!
And to take from Sarah, the rules:
Thank the person who nominated you for the award;
Copy the award and post onto your blog;
Link to the blog of the person who nominated you;
Tell seven interesting things about yourself;
Nominate seven bloggers; and
Post links to the blogs of your nominees
Seven things about me:
1. I work in a very technical field but I am really more of a creative person. I have the opportunity to change all of that in the next year as I am accepting severance from my job in 2011, staying at home for 2 years to pretend I'm Martha Stewart, then pursuing my creative side instead of my technial management side for my career.
2. I love MS Excel. I actually 'think' in EXCEL most days to solve problems and people always come to me to teach them and I love to show them cool tricks and what you can really do with that program.
3. I secretly wish I could get married again (to the same guy) on a beach in the Islands or Hawaii and this time feel more beautiful than I did the first time. I was about 170 the first time and felt like a very overweight bride........I know! I'd be so happy to be there now!
4. Like Sarah, I love to organize things but you'd never know it looking at my house. I take vacation days off from work just so that I can clean my house because it makes me mentally overwhelmed when my house is wreck - which is 95% of the time.
5. I don't always wash my face before I go to bed.......:(
6. I really think I can dance. I never dance in front of anyone - but I'm tellin' ya - I've got rythm! SWEAR!
7. I make my own handmade soap. I love making french lavendar, green tea, Oatmeal, Milk & Honey soap. Its the best soap in the world to me with the most dense, thick lather. I also make my own body cream - its very thick everyone asks me to make it - especially people who use tanning beds b/c they tell me they can't find anything that works better. I love to make something that people really like - its really a great feeling to see them sniffing away and then asking me to make more!
My Seven Nominees (wow - this really IS hard! There are so many out there that are really fantastic - many of you already have Beautiful Blogger awards!)
Alexis - from The Swensen Family. She is gorgeous and real - she speaks honestly and I love all the pics she shares of her ever shrinking self! She and her hubby are such a cute couple and she's done so very well! She also lives in a beautiful part of Pacific Northwest - I miss not getting to travel there for work anymore. I miss The Pink Door restaurant! :)
Dinnerland - She is doing such a great job! She really is determined and that's inspiring! She writes well and I appreciate the detail. I learn a lot from her posts because I can relate to them.
LapbadGalsjourney- She's lost 60lbs already! She posts a lot of pictures - most recently of her airplane seat belt success! Great job!
Yana in New York - Girl Meets Band - she just got banded in December and is already knocking out goals - keep up the great work!
Robyn at Improving Life - She's also recently banded. She is dealing with some new issues in her life which makes it hard when you're a stress eater (like me). She's going to be really successful!
Thanks again Sarah - you're really made my day!