Whassa happnin' hotstuff?

Saturday, March 20, 2010

This works!

Hopped on the scale and lost another pound.  YAY!  So glad the 2 weeks of working out and eating the way I'm supposed to is rewarding me on the scale.  I'm so happy to regain control again!
I think I'm just a slow 'self-corrector.'  What I mean by self-correction is that everyone goes off track and then have to re-direct their behaviors to get themselves back on their exercise plan or back on their eating plan.  Most people self-correct in eating or working out habits in less than 24 hours.  Some people self-correct and get back on track within the week.  Me?  I think I'm a sloooow self corrector and that's what I'm going to focus on.  If I miss a day off plan, I'm going to self-correct the next day.  This is the only way I'm going to make this work.  Losing focus b/c of work or other life stresses for months at a time just isn't getting me where I want to go.  So there you have it!  The plan.

Yesterday I bought the nike adapter that attaches to your shoe and tracks your running workouts.  It cost $29 and tracks your work out so that you can upload them to nike plus website and track your progress.  I am doing that now with my ipod nano - its internal pedometer tracks my steps, converts them into calories burned based the stored height and weight I entered into it.  Then I connect my ipod to itunes and it automatically uploads the data to their website and tracks how I'm doing.  You can set goals, etc.  But it appears that the nike adapter I bought will upload more data than just steps/calories so I'm going to try it.  I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Its 8:15am, I'm realllly hungry even though I finished yesterday at around 1150 calories.  I realllly wanted to eat peanut butter and something substantial last night - but I resisted and ate greek yogurt with honey.  By tracking my calories on caloriecount.com I resisted b/c I didn't want to go that far over on my daily intake.  So that is the value in tracking my calories there.  Its changing my behavior! :)  I know on the site I can see the deficit between what I'm burning and what I'm eating and it allows me to calculate exactly when I should be losing a pound (-3500 cals) which at the rate I'm eating and burning - I hit that 3500 deficit about every 3-4 days.  Some days I get to a 1000 cal deficit, another day I'm only 800 cal deficit which equates to about a pound loss every 3-4 days, which equates to a 2 lbs loss per week.  Hello????  Obvious, isn't it?  For some reason, I'm really enjoying the tracking of it.  Makes it seem tangible - the loss of weight vs. just a theoretical guessing game.
I know I'm going to need a fill by the time I get into the 190's.  I'm hungry a lot - I am forcing myself to stop eating vs. the band stopping me.  Do you all feel that the band stops the hunger pangs or does the fill force you to eat less - you can't fit anymore in without getting stuck?  Is there a simple answer to that?  I'm thinking its individual to each person -some get tighter fill to keep them from eating more than the pouch in their stomach allows others may be more loose but the hunger isn't as great?  Hmmmm.  I don't like that feeling of not being able to eat much - I feel deprived and don't feel satiated.  I like the lack of hunger we feel after fills - the not thinking about it.  The sense that this is what 'normal' people feel like - not obsessed with thinking about food all day long.
I will stop babbling - I'm thinking I'll get to 203 by next Friday, 201 the week after that, and 199 in 3 weeks.  I'm focused on that micro-goal for now!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great! Sounds like you are back on track and taking it one day at a time. I pray that I will be able to learn by everyones journeys. I cannot believe it is on Wednesday when I thought it would never get here!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've looked at that Nike ipod thing - not sure if works with a regular ipod(maybe just nano?). I need to check it out more.
    I'm glad you're feeling back on track.
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...