Whassa happnin' hotstuff?

Saturday, March 6, 2010

I finally got so sick of myself, I actually worked out!

You know when you get to that place where you're so sick of your own excuses that you actually do what you need to do?  That happened yesterday.  I know that the most important thing holding me back for weight loss right now is my lack of commitment to working out.  I came home early from work and found myself starting to do 'lower priority' things - when I knew I had the time to work out.  You know when you do other meaningless stuff because you're avoiding the thing you should be doing?  That was me yesterday.   I even found myself looking for something to eat.  I need to start saying 'no' and it started with closing the pantry door.
Sick of making the same bad choices, eating something small and meaningless, and finding all kinds of reasons why I don't have time to work out - I charged up my ipod, and hopped right on the treadmill and worked out for 45 mins.  I even was able to run - but my knees started hurting - so I backed off.  I uploaded my workout  from my ipod into nikePlus and seeing it online made me feel accomplished.   And dare I say..... I actually enjoyed it?  I enjoyed accomplishing it.  Doing the right thing and not snacking! 
So, I'll be setting some goals today - how many times per week I will be doing cardio on the treadmill.  I need to get myself re-connected with my personal trainer and I need to download some new music (my sister has some great music I may try to copy from her instead of spending $$)!

On the savings plan update - I must tell you all that I am doing a very good job with my new budgeting plan and have met all my savings goals thus far.  My goals are pretty aggressive as I get ready to be laid off in about a year.  The latest date for me is March 2011 - that date keeps moving based on some legal issues with the closing of sales with the two companies buying portions of the big company I work for.  So its been a moving target.  Anyway, knowing the sacrifices I'm making now to meet my budget goals in a year is for a specific date really makes my choices easy.  I never realized how much money I was wasting on things just to make myself feel better because I work so hard and have a high stress job.  I am amazed at just how eating out less saves us so much money.  I'm amazed at how its the little things, not the big things, that make the difference.  I don't feel like my lifestyle has changed much I just have made small decisions like going to my sister for 'free' copies of her music vs. going to itunes and buyings some good workout downloads. 
The lesson in this for me is that its the single task of  TODAY's workout, not the big goal of losing the next 60lbs that I need to focus on.  We all know this - its nothing new - but I just have to keep reminding myself that all I have to do is work out today and not worry so much about tomorrow.  Just get it out of the way and stop making excuses!  So, when will I find time today to work out?  I have the kids by myself today - and my 3 yr old always wants to hop on the treadmill or talk to me and ask questions while I'm trying to work out.  Its ridiculous.  That's the challenge for today.......I'll let you guys know how I figure it out!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic... now if you could just learn how to motivate me.. we would both be happy lol. 45 minutes on a treadmill is no small ask - but you did it! Congrats.
    Hope you manage to conquer your new challenge too. Let us know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cara!! Motivate me too, please?

    So far, my exercising has only consisted of walking, but it is outdoors with uphills as well as downhills!!

    You are doing great, just keep at it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...