Whassa happnin' hotstuff?

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Still 204....

Its frustrating to do all of what I believe are the right things and not see that scale move.  I did look back over my weight loss tracker and I weighed 206 exactly 7 days prior to this past Sat/Sun.  So, I could say that I lost 2 lbs in one week.  I had set the goal at 203.5 b/c I'd also weighed 205.5 that same week I'd recorded 206.  I guess I'm trying to encourage myself to replace the disappointment.  I ate fine yesterday, I also got my butt on the treadmill and walked on an incline for 45mins.  I really didn't want to do it, it was 7pm and I made my kids wait 45 mins to color easter eggs so I could get it done.  I didn't feel like pushing myself b/c I'm disappointed, but I know I can't give up on the exercise.  So I gave myself permission to walk instead as long as I did something.  Today, I'll go to the gym at lunch and work on the elliptical instead of running also.
Last night, I ate a cup of ice cream.  I didn't eat much for dinner and I was frustrated with myself and recognized that I was breaking down and allowing myself to eat what I shouldn't.  Its the disappointment that I'm feeling that led me to that.  It was after that, that I decided to get on the treadmill.  I don't want to give in and give up. 
I'll eat right today, I'm drinking much more water than I was, and do this for another week.  Easter will be hard with all the chocolate around but I will be accountable.  I plan to work out 5x this week again and we'll see what happens.  Just to get to 203 would be wonderful.  Why does my body want to hang on to this weight?  What is wrong with me??  If I was reading this on someone else's blog I might think - that person isn't reallly eating 1000-1200 calories or not exercising perhaps at the right intensity.  I AM and that's the frustrating part b/c I know I am.  I also know I've lost weight this way before just a couple of months ago so why isn't it working now?
Ok, rant over.  Moving on.  Pissed off, but moving on.....

6 comments:

  1. The band is crazy like that. I've read so many times that it's not a calories in calories out equation. It makes no sense and does what it wants. lol - Just try to laugh and know that it WILL happen. (Just never when you want it to!)
    Keep on working on your fitness, you are going to be a super toned Hottie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sure-fire way to break through a plateau is to add a second workout to each day, even if it is just a 30 minute walk after dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RC - Our bodies are crazy! Seriously, I'm with you. For the past three weeks my weight went from 206 to 208 and stayed.I drank water, ate well, used Daily Plate- nothing happened. This week my restriction has been off and I'm starving and snacking and I'm down to 205! I just don't know...
    I do know we can't live eating badly and everyday we do well is any day toward eventual loss. We just can't control when it comes off. Let's not get too down and have a good rest of the week. We're both close to 199 so let's do it together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi RC! Just found your blog. Hang in there...if you're doing it all right the weight will follow (it usually comes in spurts). You're almost to Onederland! Can't wait to see you progress! -BG
    I'm here:
    http://bandgroupiethesweetspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you to each of your for your encouragement. I really need it right now - so thank you very much! I worked out at lunch today. Am proud b/c I was able to run at a 5.0 mph pace - which is the best I've done to date. I ate 1259 cals today. upped cals to see if that makes a difference. thanks again for taking the time to comment - I appreciate it more than you know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 pounds is pretty good for a weeks loss, darl. That's a kilo. I would be stoked with a kilo as I'm only managing half that now (sigh) a week when I used to lose double that.

    Keep on doing what you're doing. Things HAVE to amp up if thats what you want so bad. Fingers crossed for you. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...