Whassa happnin' hotstuff?

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Stuff I bought today & a cross dresser

I took my son to see Transformers today at the movies.  While I was there I visited the Coach store so I could see if they could send off one my purses for a repair on the handle.  A man who must be in transition to becoming a woman waited on me.  She is definitely in the beginning stages as she was still very masculine and so obviously a male in female clothing.  First, I have to say I was proud that Coach hired that person and hopefully did it knowingly.  I was really impressed also by how nice this man who is becoming a woman is and couldn't help but think how hard it must be.  I acted as if I didn't notice at all and probably was even more nice to her just because I felt sorry for her.  But do you know what I was most proud of?  My son.  He didn't even flinch or act like a typical 10 yr old boy and giggle or ogle her.  He didn't even seem to care even though I know he noticed it was clearly a man dressed as a woman.  That makes me proud that he just accepted this person as they were! :)  That's exactly how I want him to be and we, of course speak freely about those topics and I challenge him often on issues of equality.

Anyway, I also went to Nordstrom's today and found these Nike running shorts with the bike shorts built in.  I need to tack the shorts with a needle and thread to the running shorts so that the nylon running shorts on the outside don't bunch up in the crotch region and look stupid while I run!  I've been looking for shorts with built in biker shorts instead of built in underwear  online and everywhere and couldn't find them!  And the best part?  They were all out of XL's so bought the L and not the XL!!  How awesome is that??  They're snug but not so tight that I can't run in them.  I figure, the more I lose, they'll fit even better and it gives me something to use to measure myself with other than the scale.  :)


I also bought this new sports bra - by Zella today.  I absolutely cannot stand having a uniboob especially if I'm sweating. That is just the grossest thing to me ever.  While this doesn't have underwire, which I usually get b/c it keeps 'em separated, it has these cups built in that's supposed to the same thing.  I'll let you know how well it works.  I also really liked the bright pink lining inside!


The scale read 189 this morning and I haven't weighed myself in about 4 days.  Clothes aren't changing either, but I'm REALLLLLLY trying to be patient.

Today I ate:
bfast:  1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup blueberries and about 5 cashews
lunch:  Organic white tortilla chips and about a cup of blueberries (my snack I brought with me into the movie theater with my son to watch Transformers)
dinner:  4 cheese ravioli with homemade turkey vodka sauce.

I haven't worked out yet today and I really need to do some type of cardio today - my schedule calls for a 35 min easy run.  So, shortly, I'll head out and accomplish some cardio today as soon as it cools down outside!

Tomorrow is beach day.  Going to get an adjustment and massage at the chiropractor in the a.m., then meet my friend at the beach around noon to 3pm, then sit outside and enjoy an afternoon Orange Crush! I'm really trying to soak up and really enjoy my last few days of freedom before my new job begins!

6 comments:

  1. I'm proud of your son (and Coach!) too. I have a friend who transitioned about 6 years ago and is finally happy in her body. She's very feminine at this point, but her partner (who is also M-to-F) has a much harder time because she's just so BIG in that very masculine way(ex-marine).

    A little bit of kindness goes a long way, especially for people who are so routinely the object of cruelty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shorts and bra and love that first story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fabulous that your son responded in such a great way! Or didn't respond! :) You are teaching him well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps that damn cupcake is making me hungry today!!! I don't even like sweets!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so wonderful that you are raising a tolerant son. I think the world would be so much better if we would just Love One Another. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...