Whassa happnin' hotstuff?

Saturday, June 11, 2011

SO SORE!!!! Oh my!

Thank you so much you guys for all your supportive comments.  I appreciate it more than you know!

I am so sore today - more sore than I ever remember being in my life.  I did my first boot camp yesterday and it was HARD.  I couldn't complete all the drills in the sand (running, running up sand dunes, bear crawls, etc.) and I had to modify all the core work (scissors, Russian twists, lunges, etc.) to make it doable for me.  I drank lots and lots of water yesterday and took ibuprofen as a precautionary measure.   It hurt so much just for me to have to sit and try to use the restroom this morning.  And trying to climb up into my husband's truck today - yikes!  Stairs?  Forget it - I have to do it one step at a time.

I had NO IDEA it would feel like this.  My legs, my arms, my back, my shoulders, my butt, my neck, my abs, everything is sore!  Really painful but I am also proud of it because I know its only going to make me stronger and I'm doing good, hard work!  :)   I was supposed to go run this morning for the first time with the running club but there was no way I was going to be able to do that.  I'm giving myself some slack and allowing myself to be lazy today.


I'm slipping on eating clean.  I've learned that once I eat one bad thing, I want more bad stuff and find that its easier to give in.    Last night my girlfriends and I celebrated my birthday (which is 6/12) and we had lots and lots of champagne.  No, that's not me in those pics (its was my bday card)  but its pretty close to how we were behaving.  We then decided to go eat breakfast at 1:30 a.m. and what did I order in my drunken state?  Biscuits with sausage gravy and grits.  Seriously?  Total fat and carb screw up and it wasn't even that good.  Well, maybe it was, but sheesh do I want bad food today!  At lunch, I ate 2 bites of my kid's Nathan's hot dog and then stopped.  It was just calling my name - I really wanted that bad food!  So, I'm correcting my behavior and being good outside of all that.

I went and bought some beautiful produce (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, tomatoes, English cucumbers, fresh green beans) today and look forward to some great fresh fruit and vegetables this week.  I've got a bad night to try to 'un-do' - LOL!

I've also got a HOT YOGA fundamentals beginners class here on Tuesday that I signed up for and am going to try.  I've always wanted to try it and now I'm thinking that it might help all this muscle soreness.  Have any of you done hot yoga?  I'm looking forward to sweating my sore muscles - hopefully it will help.  What do you think?


4 comments:

  1. way to go with all that exercise! :) keep on going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like a whirlwind of exercise! Good for you.

    My surgery is Friday and it will be a few weeks before I will be able to get back to it.....I am going to miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot Yoga will feel SO good. But, I hate to tell you, I was sore for days after-- then again, I was really inactive when I did it.

    I'm so proud of your boot camp-- go you! And Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way due to my CrossFit class, but I also love it! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...