Whassa happnin' hotstuff?

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Minor Surgery today.


First I have to share this pic of the Entrepreneur and Busy Bee. I have to catch the times they are actually being nice to each other when I can on camera.


So, I had a sebaceous cyst on the back of my neck removed as well as a peculiar cyst on my right side (just below my bra strap) removed also today. I took a picture of the back of my neck with my camera phone to see what it looked like b/c I could only feel it and it felt really strange - like there were a lot of stitches there or something. Well, the picture makes it look Horrible! I have a major headache but I am glad that the big knot on the back of my neck is gone. Also the one on my side which would always swell up and was very painful every time I got my period. That one worried me but to my relief it was a sebaceous cyst as well. No big deal.


The thing that bothers me the most, is the scars I will have on the back of my neck and side. Scars from the lap band surgery are truly minimal, but as we all know, they're upper front and center of 'our' abdomens. And I'm not terribly vain, its just scattered scars all over my abdomen bothers me for some reason. And now I'll have one across the back of my neck and another to add to the collection on my abdomen. If I ever got a tummy tuck, those scars would likely end up right in the middle. hmm. Oh well, its not the end of the world, just a quirk that bothers me personally mostly, I think b/c I don't want people asking me what the scars are from.


I think its interesting that there is lap band surgeries where they go down your throat and so there is no cutting on your stomach from the outside.


So as much as I didn't want to get up and run/walk on the treadmill today, before the surgery, I got my big ol butt up and DID IT! So proud of myself for that. AND I was able to run a little bit longer at a higher pace - 4.5 and 4.7 mph instead of the 4.0 I was doing. Also I had to do it without eating anything or drinking anything all morning (couldn't b/c of the surgery). I cheated and HAD to have some skim milk, but without eating I was surprised at how good I felt. It was about 10am - but I really didn't have terrible hunger. Thirst was another story - but this is teaching me how I need to pay more attention and I really CAN eat less and not feel starving or shaky hungry and head ache-y.


My DH and I went to lunch afterwards - it was around 3pm and we went to my favorite place - had half the fajitas and a few chips with salsa. I LOVE salsa and guacamole. We then picked my son, The Entrepreneur, from summer camp and went to Target to fill my prescription. I picked up a Starbucks which made me very happy. I am now on oxy-contin and its helping with my headache. So I'm thinking about the calories I consumed, and I'm thinking about how much less I need to be eating. I am able to eat WAY too much, but I am not having anywhere near the 'getting stuck' issues I had before. OH! and the medical scale at the surgery center had me at 222.8. That was nice to see. All this running might really be working!


My surgeon said I couldn't run for 5 days. WHATever. I may not run tomorrow, but I'm running on Fri and Sat. I need the metabolism boost/calorie burn. I do have stitches in my side and on the back of my neck, but I don't want to stop exercising. I don't want to lose this momentum!


I'm really inspired again - and I've found some great blogs. Better than what I've been getting on the lap band forum. I especially enjoy "http://cheeseandsunkist.blogspot.com/" and "http://chroniclesfrombandland.blogspot.com/" I'm also looking at their links and will add them to mine soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...