Whassa happnin' hotstuff?

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Denied additional life ins b/c of my BMI

I got a letter in the mail from my employer's supplemental life insurance company.  It said I was denied the additional life insurance I requested b/c of my "weight to height ratio."  What?  Serious?  That's never happened to me before and I was just in shock, you know?  I've always been lucky enough to be very healthy - I do have heredetarily high cholesterol - but have that easily under control with Zocor.  It was one of those moments where I was really dumbfounded.  This is the very first time my weight, and my weight alone has medically kept me from getting life insurance.  Wow......

2 comments:

  1. Oh the same thing happened to me. Totally mortifying to explain to my husband. I can't wait to lose the weight and re-apply! They also cited my hypertension, which I hope will be gone soon. It is easily controlled already with diuretics.

    On the other hand, some of that insurance crap is BS. My husband is 6'1" and about 230, totally buff, muscular, hardly any fat at all. Yet he had to pay more for his life insurance for being "overweight." Whatever. I guess working out at the gym and being muscular is grounds for higher life insurance premiums? So annoying.

    BUT it is yet another reason for us to lose weight, right?

    I resisted sucking the cheese off the pizza my family had tonight. I had soup instead! So a good day for me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Sucking the cheese off the pizaa! Hilarious but contgrats anyway! I got on the scale this a.m. and I'm 1 pound down, which is good. I'm just ready to move out of the 220's! Like you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...