Whassa happnin' hotstuff?

Sunday, July 31, 2011

8 mile run! Woot! New record!!

With the assistance of a treadmill and climate controlled AC, I completed my Saturday 8 mile run!  Can you believe it?  I ran 8 miles without stopping??!!??  That also means I burned about 800 calories! Yippee!!
5 more weeks until my half marathon - still not sure if I'm going to be able to make it to run 13 miles without stopping - if I add a mile a week between now and then, I'll be able to do it.  But I can definitely feel the achy-ness in my feet and legs now.  I hope things don't start to fall apart for me physically now - I'm a little worried about that.  My pace is still 11min miles - so 8 miles takes me about an hour and a half to complete.
I'd previously signed up for a 10K (6.2 miles)  in October - that's going to feel easy compared to this 13.1 miler!  Heck, I'm running 10K's a few times a week now! (big smile!)

I've not posted in a week because I've been so busy at work.  I can't believe how much of your life our jobs suck away!  I had my boss and some vendors in town as we move toward purchasing some new software to take our business to create a self help website and also provide live chat.  I also went to a sublime and 311 concert on Wednesday that was SO FUN!  This week I'm going to go see Maroon 5 and Train - we have 5th row seats and I'm so excited b/c its going to be an awesome time!

I'm tracking my food on myplate.com consistently and am doing better managing my stress eating at work.  I really wanted to lose 10 pounds this month - and joined the boobs challenge to try to incent myself to do it.  Scale says 185 today, so I only lost 5 lbs.  Dang it.  I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to break into the 170's and get to 179 by August 31st.   I just can't imagine what that would feel like.  What would I look like if I weighed 170?  That's 15 lbs from where I am now.  I bet it would make such a HUGE difference.  The 10 lbs from 195 to 185 were a major difference in my size!  Weighing more than that I didn't notice so much.

I'm way, way behind in my graduate classes and have to turn up the heat between now and August 31.  I have to complete 2 full classes in this time frame due to my procrastination. I'll figure it out and find a way to make it happen.  I also have to decide if I want to continue.  I'm just not that into it and the new company does not pay for school like my previous employer.  I have a decision to make this Fall.  Oh gosh, did I just say Fall?  Curses!  There will be no talk of that while I'm still living in my Summer Dreamland!

6 comments:

  1. WooHoo for running 8 miles! You should come down to FL in Feb and do the Disney Princess 1/2 marathon with my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 311!! I love 311...I love sublime too but how was it?? Great job on the run lady! I am like jumping for joy to get 1 mile in. But I am proud!


    So are you liking work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are live music lovers too. I'd love to see kings of Leon. Did their American tour get canceled. Someone said so yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a half marathon in December (on the treadmill at the gym) and I did it just under 3 hours. Surely you can beat that! I walked quite a bit. By the way I ****LOVE**** Sublime (but miss Bradley...Rome isn't the same) and 311 is great too! Glad you had fun!!
    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, just found you on the boob of the day post. (New follower! lol)

    8 miles is fantastic, keep up the great work! :)

    http://bandumentary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower :) Also found you on the boob of the day! Nice work on the 8 miles! I would love to get to where I can run!

    http://insidevoutside.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...