Sunday, December 13, 2009
10 Favorite Things....
My Favorite Things:
1. Gummy Omega 3 supplement. They are SO much easier to stomach than pre-band fish oil capsules. No fishy taste, they actually taste quite good! I buy mine from Target at 5.99 per bottle.
2. My iPod nano with the built-in pedometer, am/fm radio, and video camera. This this is just the coolest! I have no idea if I might ever use the video camera - but still - its the bomb!
3. Premier Protein shakes from Costco. They have 30g protein in only 160 cal, taste great and are much less expensive than the other brands. I always have these on hand.
4. Chiobani Greek yogurt. I'm now addicted to Greek yogurt and just don't want regular yogurt anymore. Its like yogurt taste, sour cream consistency. I linked there to their site where you can get a free cup of yogurt by submitting your email address. It tastes great, low sugar, and 12g protien. I also buy these at Costco so they're cheaper than regular grocery store.
5. Christian Diorshow mascara. Don't get the waterproof. If you want awesome lashes, this stuff is hands down the best. And I've tried a lot of them. No wonder this stuff had a cult-like following - it simply works!
6. Food Diary/blank mini-notebook from Barnes & Noble. I keep this in my purse at all times, track my food, my weight, and my thoughts, restriction levels, my fill amounts and dates, as well as my weight goals. I can make a quick grocery list, christmas list, or to just jot down a number. Its prettier than a moleskin, has a strong magnetic closure and I love good quality pens and paper so it works for me!
7. Philosophy Purity facial cleanser & Philosophy Hope in a jar - My skin has changed in the last few years and is dryer and more sensitive. I used to have combination/oily skin. So this cleaser has helped me keep my skin balanced and the moisturizer keeps my skin well hydrated without being greasy. It also smells good. I buy mine at Sephora with coupons or on Ebay.
8. Williams & Sonoma marshmallows - Their marshmallows are really wonderful because they melt differently than regular marshmallows into a wonderful layer of froth-like creaminess on top of your hot chocloate. I also love their hot chocolate - its shaved pieces of chocolate that you scoop and mix with hot milk. Its REALLY cozy! I buy an extra box after christmas because their Christmas food never sells out and it goes half price!
9. Trader Joe's Simmer Sauces - Korma simmer sauce , Cacciatore simmer sauce, etc. These are great for making with Chicken to make the chicken band friendly. They run about $2.80 (cheap!) and I've never had one of their Simmer Sauces, that was not honestly VERY good and that I didn't have to doctor up and add anything to. I've tried Williams Sonoma simmer saurces that are MUCH more expensive - like 4x as much - and they weren't as good. I love Trader Joe's!
10. I love Blogger - without it, I wouldn't have this blog and have met all of you amazing bloggers that I've learned so much from! It makes it easy for me to have a blog (even though I wish I had 3 columns....maybe someday I'll be brave enough to change it)