Whassa happnin' hotstuff?

Thursday, April 8, 2010

That darn scale needs to MOVE!

I'm going to make this darn scale move!  I went to costco this past Monday and bought fish - so the plan is to make fish 2x per week.  We've already enjoyed salmon this week and tonight its cod.  I also bought a ton of fresh fruit to enjoy - I love kiwi and so do my kids - so we will enjoy that this week as well!  As I'm working hard to incorporate whole foods (less and less processed foods) into our lives - I also want to have a night where I plan on a meal based around legumes/beans/musical fruit - whatever you choose to call them.  I've read so many great recipes that include beans on your blogs and I've collected them all.  I really want to make Amy's black bean soup!
I hope the weather is as beautiful as its been in my part of country.  Its been in the 80's and gorgeous!
My girlfriends and I had martini night on Tuesday - what a blast!  My current favorite is pineapple upsidedown cake martini.  Oh yum!  Too many calories but I had tuna tartar so does that count towards making up for it? I got some great, clean protien in!  Here is a couple of us being totally stupid and obnoxious -  Oh my gosh we had so much fun.  I love nights like those!

5 comments:

  1. tuna...yum! your whole foods plan is an excellent plan indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your approach to food is excellent and I wish I could develop that philosophy.. sometimes I get lazy.. but I do try to eat organic as much as I can.. Fish is great protein food.. and I am sure that scale will move.. enjoy..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food ideas sound great! I've been doing the same things. The entire family has been getting healthier.
    That martini sounds deeeeelish!
    Great photo - which one are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous! Look, glowing skin, big pearly whites smiling... great hair!!
    I LOVE your food idea. I think I might take a leaf out of your book - it sounds very ideal. Let us know how it goes. And um..what are musical fruits? Are they the ones that make you toot? lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Girls! I'm in the process of reading Michael Pollan's books. I just finished "How to Eat" this weekend. I will give a review of the book and the approach soon.
    Jennifer - I'm the one on the far right. I promise, though, I have no 'smurf' in me. I think this camera just puts a blue hue on pictures! the person on the far right is my old boss - she hired me 17 years ago. She's since moved onto a diff company. Girl in the middle, I also work with and have been friends with for years! And Cara - I swear I just love you! I told you I love a good KIWI! :) Hey, that's a good thing in Aussie land right? I'm not insulting you calling you a kiwi right? I promise its a term of endearment! I just laughed out loud when I read your comment. yes musical fruit = beans here and its precisely b/c they are the ones that make you 'toot'! Oh, my gosh girl, you made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...