Whassa happnin' hotstuff?

Monday, January 2, 2012

On one of my favorite running slogans....
Today is my official 'rest' day, so no running today.  But I've really enjoyed upgrading my Nike Plus app - that Amy W recommended.  Its awesome!  What I like the best is the mapping and accuracy in your pace.  Its fun to look at and makes you feel accomplished.  You can even replay your run and it shows you the path you took on a google map.  I promise its much cooler than I've described.

I went back to work today and its going to be hard to keep my running schedule while working.  I went into my WORK outlook calendar and scheduled all of my runs from my running program I followed when I had the running coach.  Its a great program that built my endurance and also makes sure you have rest days placed strategically 2x per week after the most strenuous runs.  I feel like having it there - in the calendar I look at all day long.  Because the plan changes what you're supposed to do daily - its also hard to know what and how long to plan to be gone from home.

I also went to the grocery store and planned out and purchased my breakfasts and lunches for the week.  I bought stuff for turkey sandwiches, tuna sandwiches and some hearty soups.  I bought Greek yogurt, some  Green Giant vegetable steamers, and Parmesan Pepperidge Farm goldfish (55 for 140 cals).

I've tracked my food on myplate.com consistently for the last 3 days.  They upgraded their free mobile app on New Years day and its a lot easier to use than it was in the past.  I like using the free myplate.com on my computer also b/c its so detailed and provides really great reporting that I just love.  I've used it for about 3 years now and really like using it.

Today was a slow day but I know things are going to get crazy.  I've got to figure out how to work in some runs at work during the day.  Maybe for my short runs because I can't work all day, then come home and be gone again.  Getting up 3 hours early isn't an option either.  So I'm going to pack my stuff, get dressed at work and try to run my short runs on my lunch break.  

Ok, tomorrow.  Full work day, full running day!

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of running at lunch. I may start doing this as well! It is not like I take an hour to eat and I could easily run for 30 minutes, well not easily. LOL

    I love how structured your running has become for you, and I will definitely take pointers from you. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! So we can challenge each other with this ap? I am scared. What if you are way better than me? I run like a wounded raccoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a huge adjustment for me, but now I CrossFit in the morning and get ready at work. Or sometimes I run at lunch. It was a HUGE challenge for me at first, but now it is almost 2nd nature. Go, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...