Since it's been a while, I'll give you a few updates about me:
- I was at an all time low of 185 and am now at 195. I stopped running for about 6 months and gained the weight. (I'm now ready to shed these 10lbs and get back down there and then some!)
- I'm having a harder time eating now than I have in the past. I find myself eating soup, peanut butter, and bad things which led to my weight creeping up.
- I'm still at the 'new' job - *remember, I'm the one who went through all the personal turmoil over deciding whether to re-locate to Charlotte, NC or stay in VA and take severance from a job I was at for 17 yrs. I ended up choosing severance, banking the $, and getting a new job within 3 weeks making more $. I'd planned to only stay at this *new* job for a year, well, its been 1.5 yrs. Why am I staying? I'm staying with a strict savings purpose to be able to quit my job and stay home with my kids for the next 10 years or so. I'll be able to do that by June 2014. So the plan is to save, save, save! I can't wait, actually, and am excited about that goal!
- My marriage is really great. I went through some personal doubt - likely part of my anxiety over 'losing my job' after so long. In hind sight, I was questioning everything, including my marriage and my long term happiness. Maybe that's more to with being in my early 40's? I don't know - maybe it was a lot of things. What matters now is that I truly appreciate what I have, we have a great relationship, and I have a lot of respect for him. We are more of a couple than co-parents now. I will be married 19 years this Summer. wow.
- My 11 yr old son was diagnosed with Tourette's syndrome. It's personally so devastating to have a child who has to deal with such an embarrassing condition. He's so charming and friendly and very smart - and to see that in jeopardy due to some stupid physical tics is just devastating. He's just beginning puberty and as a 'gifted' learner his whole life, he is now struggling b/c he's concentrating on not having a 'tic' and being embarrassed vs. paying attention to the teacher. To think what he may have to deal with ridicule, bullying, shyness with girls, social withdraw at such an important age (first year of middle school and high school next) is heart wrenching. Because he is such the opposite kind of kid. Anyway, that's been really tough and sad to try to handle. I do feel fortunate that he does not have verbal tics - but it could still escalate to that level. I'm going to cry and be a complete mess if that happens because he tries so hard to control it.
- I'm re-energized to lose 10lbs and get back to running and racing in half marathons. I just finished up a half marathon - the S*urf C ity M ara thon last Sunday. I walked a lot of it b/c I didn't want to injure myself and had a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to my next half in September. Running is what helped me finally break the 200 barrier and get down to 185. It's what is going to get me to the next level and get these 10lbs back off and get back to 185!
Well - I need to share some photos. I just got back from Lagu*na Beach and enjoyed paddle boarding so very much in the Pacific Ocean. Paddle boarded with dolphins and seals - it was surreal and soul soothing! I love the west coast!
I hope all of you are doing wonderful. I'm looking forward to setting goals for myself and achieving them. Once thing I've learned about myself. If I just set a path or goal - there is some fun for me in planning how to get there and carrying it out. And I usually do. I'm looking forward to new goals and making them happen!!!