Whassa happnin' hotstuff?

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Back to work tomorrow

I'm not looking forward to going to back to work and not having any time to do all the things that I want to do.  Having this week off and spending it at home, with my kids, has been amazing.  I finally feel unwound - and now I've gotta get back into the crazy game of no time again.

I am going to try to find more time in my day by getting up earlier.  I had gotten into a bad habit of sleeping in late and going to bed later than I'd like.  I need time for myself to run and blog and drink a cup of coffee once in a while - so I've got a plan to begin getting up at 5am.  As long as I'm out the door by 730, it will be good.

I also need to take the time in the a.m. to plan my meals and pack them for the week.  I know I am the most successful when I'm planning out what I'm eating so that I'm eating in a healthy way.  I've got a lot of things planned and purchased for this week so it should be all good!

Next step is to get my treadmill to work.  It would fit in my office, but would be too obvious, so I'm going to put it in an empty office next door and run in the middle of the day.  I'm sure once I get it there, I'm going to wish I had it at home so I could run in the mornings!  We'll see.

I've also started drinking a new breakfast blended smoothie that tastes really refreshing.  The ingredients are:
1/2 cup Vanilla Almond Milk (I prefer trader joe's b/c other brands are way too sweet)
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (fat free)
1 banana
Handful of fresh spinach (about a cup if you used one)
1/2 T almond butter
1 cup ice

Blend it all together and its FANTASTIC!  I worked the recipe into my Livestrong Daily Plate and it returned the following nutrition facts:

Nutrition Facts 


Serving Size: 10 oz

Calories 281
Calories from Fat 47.3

% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5.25g  8%
Saturated Fat 0.25g  1%
Cholesterol 0mg  0%
Sodium 254.79mg  10%
Total Carbohydrate 42.57g   14%
Dietary Fiber 10.38g  41%
Sugars 24.75g
 
Protein 19.63g  39%



Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/trader-joe-almond-milk-greek-yogurt-banana-spinach-breakfast-smoothie/#ixzz205X3xiGv

2 comments:

  1. I have so missed your blog, like you cannot believe! Glad to see you back and I will definitely try out the smoothie!

    Good luck with finding the time for yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...