Whassa happnin' hotstuff?

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Fun Weekend! Weight steady and stomach getting better!

What beautiful weather we had on the East coast this weekend!  We spent the weekend fishing, crabbing, making tie dye shirts, and running around in a patriotic decorated golf cart!  We went on our annual camping trip and really had a lot of fun.  Not having my buddy Lola there this year was tough.  But we had a lot of laughs about our last trip there together.  She passed away from brain cancer last July and this is the first year there without her.  It wasn't the same but we made new fun memories in her honor as she would not allow us to have it any other way!

My stomach issues have gotten much, much better even though I've done nothing except take the Prilosec 40mg that I've been given.  My stomach is no longer "shut down" as I call it and I'm able to eat fibrous vegetables like broccoli, carrots, lettuce, etc.  I've not had issues overnight and I'm able to eat first thing in the morning.  That wasn't possible before.  I'm actually hungry and have cravings again, so it's feeling better and better each day.  I'm not sure I want to go through with the surgery and it is optional.  I have an appt in another week to discuss it and I'll make a decision later.

I also got the postcard in the  mail telling me the stomach polyp was benign.  So THAT was awesome news!! I must admit, there was a little something in the back of my brain a little worried about that.  I think it's because there has been a lot of deaths recently and so I realize how something like cancer could so easily happen to me.  My best friend passed away in July from brain cancer, my husband's mom passed away in January from lung cancer complications, and I just learned my son's friend at school - their father passed away Friday from a heart attack.  He was my age.  It really makes me appreciate today, the beautiful weather and the fact that all the relationships in my life right now are good.  Unfortunately, my MIL was difficult to deal with as she was a bit self centered and often dramatic about things.  We all have people like that in our lives, and while she wasn't always that way, but she was often enough that it made my life harder than it needed to be and there always seemed to be conflict even when I didn't understand it.    So not having any conflict in my life is really wonderful.  Having had conflict with her most of all my married life, I truly appreciate NOT having that in my life.  While I'm not looking to discuss the state of my previous relationship with my MIL, my point is that we all know life is short, YOLO, blah blah, whatever.  But what do we really do about it?  We need to do WHAT MAKES us HAPPY!  It's that simple.

Getting banded was the first thing I'd ever really done for myself.  And it made me happy to take care of myself.  It was taking time and money to take care of me.  I put myself first and I'm healthier for it.    I'm happy when I do take the time to do what makes me happy.  I plan to keep focusing on that and taking the time to ensure I'm doing stupid stuff that I like to do - not BUYING the things I want to buy.  There is a big difference in the satisfaction shelf life.  Buying something is fun at first, and I certainly enjoy buying what I want, but DOING the things that make me happy lasts much longer and I recall it and think about it more than a new outfit, expensive make up, or the latest whatever.  The issue of death is just coming up in my life for whatever reason and it's making me appreciate and recognize when things are good.

Hey, wait.....Is that what middle age is?!? Eeek!


4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda - it feel great to sleep all night and not feel so run down from lack of eating. :)

      Delete
  2. Yep.....glad you're feeling better also! Stay happy!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Darlin' ! (that's fun to say out loud with a thick southern accent!) :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...